Saturday 30 July 2016

Boots Tea Tree and Witch Hazel range

Hello guys! I hope you have all had a nice week! Today I am going to be reviewing a skincare range made by boots that I really really like! It is of course the Tea Tree and witch hazel range! Tea Tree and Witch Hazel are supposed to work wonders on oily and spot prone skin (which is my skin type unfortunately) and I think this range really does! Anyway enjoy my review !

So like I said earlier Tea Tree and Witch Hazel are very good for oily and spot prone skin. Witch Hazel is astringent, cooling and refreshing which means it is great at cleansing toning and refreshing the skin. It is rich in antioxidant properties which calm inflamed skin, soothe irritation, roughness and soreness. Tea Tree is an antiseptic which is why it is so good at treating spots. It has stimulating properties that help the body to fight infections. It is also acts as an anti fungal and antibacterial.
All of the information above is supplied from a book which I am going to be doing a review on very soon so watch this space!


So the first product (which has literally run out) is this foaming face wash. It looks like green water in the bottle but as you pump it out it turns into foam. It doesn't really smell amazing but it is not unpleasant , I think it just smells of Tea Tree and Witch Hazel.

Positives-
It felt like it was washing my face well
It toned my face
It contributed well to getting rid of some of my spots

Negatives-
It could have lathered up more when washing my face instead of just disappearing .


The next product is the Exfoliating Face Scrub. This scrub contains little grains that gently exfoliate your face and un clog your pores. It has the same smell as the foaming face wash.

Positives-
The scrub wasn't too abrasive but it wasn't to gentle, it was the perfect amount of scrubiness
It brightened and softened my skin after using it
It scrubed away any dry skin

Negatives-
I can't really think of any major negatives which is great!


The next product is this Reshreshing Jelly Facial Scrub. This is still Tea Tree and Witch Hazel but it has an extract of berry in it which is why it is a pretty pink colour. Again this is another scrub so it has little grains in it. It is pretty similar to the scrub above apart from it has berry extract in it and it is has a gel like texture rather than a cream like texture!

Positives-
Once again it has the perfect amount of abrasiveness.
It smells so nice
It contributes to getting rid of spots
It stops the skin looking oily

Negatives-
I really can't thing of any negatives again!


The last product that I have got from this range is this Daily Detox Facial wash. This time instead of an extract of berry, this wash has got active charcoal in it. The charcoal helps to gently draw out deep impurities and excess oil. This product smells weird to me. The scent sort of reminds me of raisins for some reason and it is not the nicest smell in the range in my opinion. Also it has a thick texture.

Positives-
It really feels like it is pulling out impurities from deep down into your skin
It isn't over drying but it still removes oil
It leaves your skin feeling nice and clean

Negatives-
Because it is very thick, I find it quite hard to lather up so to improve it it could be made more easier to lather up.

So those were all of the products in the range that I have got. Obviously they have got lots of other things such as moisturisers and face masks and I will leave a link to the range here : Boots Tea Tree and Witch Hazel range

Have you tried any products from this range? Do you want to?

Thank you

Miss A x

16 comments:

  1. I've never tried any of these products before, i'll have to check some of them out☺ Leonie x
    https://prettyrainclouds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I really like them, you should check them out! Thank you! X

      Delete
  2. I've never tried any of these products before- but they all look so nice! I loved this sort of post!
    Sophie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they are great! Aww thank you so much! X

      Delete
  3. I have never tried these before before they sound really good! Great review xx
    blossomofhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I really recommend them! Aww thank you! X

      Delete
  4. I don't remember trying any of these products before but they sounds really amazing. I would love to try the Daily Detox Facial wash.

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the daily detox facial wash and yeah they are amazing! Thank you! X

      Delete
  5. I've heard about this range before, so it might be worth a try! Great review as always!

    Mind checking out my recent - it's a Summer Essentials ft. Body Fantasies!

    Alice from Girl Abroad
    girlabroadblogs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never tried anything from Boots own range before but I like the look of a few things you mentioned. Thanks for sharing!
    Grace xx
    http://gracexkate.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This range looks incredible and I love the scent of tea tree too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I've tried this range back when I had really bad acne! I really liked it! I've nominated you for the blogger recognition award over on my blog xoxo
    Ella

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooooo these look amazing! Love your cute cactus in the background too hehe! x
    Morgan | www.justmorgs.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. My favourite skincare range at the minute is The Body Shop Tea Tree collection - would really recommend for oily or blemish prone skin!


    Mind checking out my recent - it's a brand collab ft. floral bombers!

    Alice x
    girlabroadblogs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. francisca@mail.postmanllc.net

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete