Saturday 13 February 2016

Jennifer Niven , All the bright places

Hello everyone ! I'm so happy ! Half term has started ! Yay! Anyway today I am going to be doing a post I've never done a post quite like before. You probably didn't know but reading is one of my main hobbies and lately I got a new kindle so I wanted to buy a new book to go with it. So I bought this one .

"You are all the colours in one, at full brightness" 

So this book is called All the bright places and it is written by Jennifer Niven . This book is so good! It has funny parts and sad parts and gives you a good insight on how people who want to take their own lives feel. I found this book so interesting and I know it sounds weird but it made me want to go out and do more with my life for some reason . 


" We do not remember days, we remember moments" 

Like I said earlier All the bright places is a book that is all about suicide . That sounds really depressing and the book is quite depressing but it isn't that bad so don't worry. All I'm going to say is if you are an emotional person you may want to get some tissues nearer the end of the book . 

Anyway, the book starts off when a boy named Finch and a girl named Violet meet at the top of a building both considering committing suicide . Finch manages to convince Violet not to do it and come back down with him. Everybody thinks Violet saved Finch but is actually the other way around. 

Finch instantly takes a liking to Violet and they end up working on a project together. At first Violet isn't sure about Finch but as she enjoys being with him more and more she starts to feel attracted to him. They then end up being in a relationship . Everything is going great , they are both having a whale of a time but suddenly everything starts going downhill for Finch and he finds himself having a really tough time ... 

"The thing I realise is, that's it's not what you take, it's what you leave" 

I can't tell you anymore because I will give away far too many spoilers but I hope that has given you a bit of a background story to the book. Now it is time for some constructive criticism for Jennifer Niven . There was one thing that I really didn't like about this book and that was the swearing and the rude bits in it . I don't mind a few naughty words but I think that this went a bit extreme . Anyway apart from that All the bright places is a great and inspiring book that I think everyone would enjoy reading.  

I hope you enjoyed this post ! 

Miss A xx

No comments:

Post a Comment