Saturday 4 June 2016

Nyx cosmetics haul

Hello everyone! I hope you are having a great day! Oops I went and done it again! I had another make up splurge!

When I found out that Nyx had come to boots stores I grabbed my kindle as fast as I could, went onto the boots website and looked to see if my nearest boots was one of the lucky stores to get a Nyx counter. Unfortunately it didn't but there was one in another close town that did. So I asked my mum to take me there as it was the town she used to live in as a child. Today she did (thanks mum) and I decided to treat myself to a few products!





The first thing I picked up was a vivid brights eyeliner in the colour vivid violet. I was instantly drawn to the little stand of these because of their brilliant bright colours. I decided to get vivid violet because in the summer I may be dip dyeing my hair violet and I thought it would look nice if my hair and eyes matched. There are loads of colours to choose from such as red, green, blue, orange and a few others. This eyeliner dried so quickly and stayed on really well and I love it!


The next thing I got was a skin illuminator in the shade Ritualistic. This provides you with a beautiful, subtle highlight and it is just so pretty! Ritualistic is a pearly colour with a champagne glow but you can get these illuminators in other colours that are more bronze toned or more pink toned. This highlighter is in powder form and even though it isn't the best, it is still pretty pigmented. Overall it is lovely!


I then moved onto the lips compartment which was quite busy but I did manage to grab two items. The first product was a butter gloss in the colour Tiramisu. I have read quite a few good reviews about these so I decided to pick one up. These lip glosses are great! There is nothing worse than a sticky lip gloss and these butter glosses are not sticky at all. They are very moisturizing and make your lips look so juicy! The colour Tiramisu is a brown toned nudey pink and that ladies and gentlemen was probably the most worst description of a colour ever. Anyway there are sooo many different colours to choose from and these butter glosses are just lovely!


The final product I bought was a liquid suede cream lipstick in the shade soft spoken. These lipsticks are glossy at first but then dry matte to look like suede. I think these are the best matte lipsticks I have ever tried. They are not drying, they have such vibrant colours and they are so pretty! There are some very different colours in this range. You can get nudes and pinks or you can go to the other end of the spectrum and go for the bright blue or deep grey shades! I decided to go for soft spoken which is yet again another pinkey, browny nude. These lipsticks are so good and I really recommend them!

From left to right: Ritualistic (skin illuminator), Vivid violet (vivid lights eyeliner), Soft spoken (liquid suede cream lipstick) and Tiramisu (butter gloss).

That's the end of my Nyx haul and I hope you enjoyed it! I am thinking of doing a makeup tutorial using some of these products so leave me a comment saying if you want to see that or any other posts you would like me to do.

Thank you!

Miss A x

31 comments:

  1. Wow the eyeliner looks incredible!!

    www.sandrafsilva.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. The liquid suede lipstick looks beautiful, the colour is to die for! I am waiting for a NYX stand to come to a Boots near me, hopefully not much longer to wait! Leonie x
    https://prettyrainclouds.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yeah hopefully we won't have to wait too long! X

      Delete
  3. That eyeliner colour looks incredible, would love to see a review of it xx
    www.blossomofhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will be sure to do a review on it soon for you! X

      Delete
  4. Soft spoken looks so pretty! I have the color Cherry Skies in the liquid suede :) I want to try wearing bright eyeliner soon so I might have to check out that line! x

    www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw cherry skies in the shop and it is a really nice colour! I really recommended the eyeliners! The colours are bright and the eyeliner is easy to apply! X

      Delete
  5. I love NYX!!! Those soft matte creams are so good. I love the shade you went for and the liquid suede colour also x

    Lauren | itslaurenvictoria.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Nyx is great! The soft matte lip creams are lovely and thank you! X

      Delete
  6. I've never tried Nyx before but really want to,the two lip products you picked up look gorgeous x

    http://daisyypetals.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Nyx is great, I really recommend it and thank you! X

      Delete
  7. I would love to be as adventurous with eyeliner!
    katielou99.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! You never know unless you try! X

      Delete
  8. I wish we had NYX cosmetics here, I found them in a store but very limited products. I have to order mine online but I prefer going to a shop and swatch all lip products before purchasing them! :) Great picks!

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Nyx has only just come to the boots I went to and yeah I prefer swatching them in store! Thank you! X

      Delete
  9. Such an unusual color of eyeliner. Thanks for this review. I usually buy makeup products of neutral tint. But now, if I need something bright for a special occasion, I will definitely buy NYX cosmetics.

    Sincerely, Stacy
    My Sewing & DIY Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I usually wear neutral make up but I just fancied something a bit brighter for summer! X

      Delete
  10. I've heard so much about the NYX lip glosses! Your blog is super cute by the way, I love it! x
    Morgan | www.justmorgs.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Nyx lip products are great! He he! Thank you so much! X

      Delete
  11. i want to try the eyeliner more than anything! x

    jess x | https://wellwellgirls.blogspot.tw/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh I haven't heard much about the illuminators, will have to check those out next time I'm in Boots :) really want to try the Suede liquid lipsticks too!

    Jasmine xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I love the illuminator and the suede lip sticks are great to! Thanks! X

      Delete
  13. I love the NYX butter glosses, they are some of my favorite formulations.
    Grace xx
    http://gracexkate.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm dying to try some of the NYX butter glosses! Great post, I love your flat lays! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the Nyx butter glosses are lovely and thank you so much!

      Delete
  15. Those colours are lovely, I think I need to start looking at NYX it's not one I've ever tried...

    Lauren x | http://huggled.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ! Yeah you should check out NYX, I think it is really cool! X

      Delete
  16. Okay, I really need to try a liquid suede cream lipstick, they look amazing! I love your photography, so pretty! x
    Lauren | SimplyLaurenElizabeth

    ReplyDelete